John's XR4Ti Homepage
Dedicated to keeping my XR4Ti(s) on the road.
Contains maintenance procedures, fixes, modifications, upgrades, and hardcore nudity (well, OK - 4 out of 5 isn't bad)
Stick around, maybe you'll learn something, or maybe you wont, but the important thing is you are wasting time.
(Best when viewed while at work)
You can see my Audi A4 page here: http://a4tqms.tripod.com/audi/
My 1986 XR4Ti
June 05, 2003
Wow, long time since an update.
January 08, 2002
- I haven't driven the car in quite a while, too busy working on my Audi
- My little brother put a hole in one of the pistons, so some major work will be going on in the next couple of months
Hasn't been an update in a while, here's a summary of the last few months:
August 16, 2001
- The turbo blew on my car, looks like it has been bad for a while now. Time for a bigger one.
- Second gear is grinding, time for a T5 conversion.
- Got my MAF installed via the EEC tuner, the sound and throttle response is amazing.
- Got a clutch adjuster, front and rear brake brackets, and a master cylinder adapter from David Godfrey.
- The car is now parked for the winter.
August 04, 2001
- Rearranged the site a little, just doing some cleanup.
- The Hose Technique's kit is installed, pics soon.
- TC IC isn't installed yet, there are some coolant hoses in the way that I need to move.
June 14, 2001
- Put a mustang exhaust tip on my car. Pics soon.
- Got a Hose Techniques silicone vacuum hose kit. pics soon.
- Also got a TC IC. Should have it installed soon.
June 08, 2001
- Added a set of 89 BBS-style rims and removed the wheel arches on my car.
- Been real busy with the diff group buy (see link on start page)
May 25, 2001
- The XR is up and running, but I couldn't take it to Carlisle :(
- Added my Carlisle pictures to the Pictures Page
May 23, 2001
- Updated my XR pages, and added the Pictures page.
- Gearing up for the long weekend. I can't wait to get this car done!
May 15, 2001
- After spending 5 days working on my car, it's almost done. The drivetrain and front suspension are in. I have to do the rear suspension, hook the cooling system up, and wire the DIS up.
- Updated the engine rebuild for my White XR a little more (I spent more money)
May 8, 2001
- Spent another weekend working on my motor. Spent a lot of time running around for stuff. Got the bottom end done, and the head assembled, I just have to bolt it on.
- Updated the engine rebuild for my White XR a little more. Added more pics too.
May 1, 2001
- Updated the engine rebuild for my White XR a little more. I'm hoping I'll have it together this weekend. Carlisle is only a couple weekends away!
April 17, 2001
- Updated the engine rebuild for my White XR. There's nothing worse then spending a bunch of money and time, and not being able to use it :(
April 06, 2001
- Updated the engine rebuild for my White XR. I'm spending more than I planned on....
January 15, 2001
- I haven't updated this site in a while. I'm working on it.
- I got a plan together to rebuild my white XR. Page should be up shortly on it.
October 25, 2000
- Updated site
- Moved to a different server
October 16, 2000
September 26, 2000
- Added the latest in the Merkur Saga
- Reformatted for better viewing in 600x800
- Added the EEC-Tuner page under upgrades and procedures
September 25, 2000
- Added the procedures page.
- Split up the upgrade pages for easier loading, added the homemade exhaust page.
This site was created by John Baas. Please email me if you find anything wrong, or have any suggestions. All
content at this site is the property of me, unless otherwise noted.